In the age of technology, it’s easy to forget that there are games that don’t require any devices. These games can be played anywhere and with anyone, making them perfect for gatherings or events where technology isn’t available or encouraged. Here are the top 5 games that can be played without devices:
- Charades – This classic game can be played with any number of people. Players take turns acting out a word or phrase without speaking, while the rest of the group tries to guess what they’re trying to convey. The player who guesses correctly gets to go next.
- Pictionary – Similar to charades, but players draw a picture of the word or phrase they’re given, and the group tries to guess what it is. The player who guesses correctly gets to go next.
- Mafia – A social deduction game where players are assigned roles of either a civilian or a member of the Mafia. The civilians try to figure out who the Mafia members are and eliminate them, while the Mafia members try to eliminate the civilians without getting caught.
- Simon Says – A game for kids and adults alike, where one player gives commands starting with “Simon says,” and players must follow the command only if it’s preceded by “Simon says.” If a player follows a command that doesn’t start with “Simon says,” they’re out.
- Telephone – A game of whispering and miscommunication. Players sit in a circle and one player whispers a phrase or sentence to the player next to them. The phrase gets whispered around the circle until it reaches the last player, who says it out loud. The resulting phrase is often hilariously different from the original.
These games are perfect for when you’re looking for a break from screens, or for when you want to connect with others in a more analog way. They’re easy to learn, and the rules can be modified to fit any group’s preferences. Give them a try and see how much fun you can have without any devices!